ENROLLING IN SCHOOL
Registering for School
Registering for your zone school
The registration process is as simple as enrolling at one of twelve enrollment centers. Elementary and middle school students may register at any of these centers. High school students must enroll at the enrollment center at the zoned school they will attend. Remember to bring the necessary forms and paperwork (see below). Enrollment centers are open from 7 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Centers are open year-round, not just when school is in session. Families may also email the enrollment centers by clicking on the schools below.
- Antioch HS, 1900 Hobson Pike, Antioch 37013
- Cane Ridge HS, 12848 Old Hickory Blvd., Antioch 37013
- Glencliff HS, 160 Antioch Pike, Nashville 37211
- Hillsboro, 3812 Hillsboro Road, Nashville 37215
- Hillwood, 400 Davidson Road, Nashville 37205
- Hunters Lane, 1150 Hunters Lane, Nashville 37207
- Maplewood, 401 Walton Lane, Nashville 37216
- McGavock HS, 3150 McGavock Pk., Nashville 37214
- Overton, 4820 Franklin Road, Nashville 37220
- Pearl-Cohn, 904 26th Avenue N, Nashville 37208
- Stratford, 1800 Stratford Avenue, Nashville 37216
- Whites Creek, 7277 Old Hickory Blvd, Whites Creek 37189
Registration for English Learners
If a language other than English is spoken in your home, your child must register at the International Student Registration Center, located within the English Language Learners Office at 615 Fessey Park Road. Please call 259-8608 for an appointment. View registration information for English Learners.
MNPS believes in the power of pre-K. We offer both general and blended pre-kindergarten classes. You may register for any of our pre-K programs if you meet the eligibility requirements.
Learn more about our pre-K programs and how to apply.
MNPS encourages families to find the best school fit for their child. In addition to your zoned school, you may apply to any Optional School. Learn more about our Optional Schools.
|Documents Needed to Enroll
- Record of Birth (Birth Certificate, Passport, Visa, I-94, etc.);
- Immunization (vaccination record) on a Tennessee Certificate of Immunization Form;
- Physical examination (within one  year of the beginning of school)
- Photo identification from the parent or guardian. Examples of acceptable photo IDs: Driver’s License, State-issued ID, Passport, Military ID.
- Proof of residency (current utility bill, lease, etc.)
- Recent transcript or report card (optional)
Additional documents needed for
- Proof of Income (1040 form on which child name is listed, Family First Case Number (Documentation letter received from Department of Human Services), Food Stamp Number (Documentation letter received from Department of Human Services), etc.)
- Assessment (scheduled by the school)
To register for pre-K, your child must be four years old on or before August 15th for the 2014-15 school year.
To be eligible for kindergarten in 2014-15 your child:
- Must be five years of age on or before August 15, 2014.
- or is currently enrolled in a public school administered, Head Start, or state accredited pre-K program as long as his or her birthday is on or before August 31, 2014.
Student ID Number
A student's social security number may be requested for use as a unique student identifier. This is an optional field. If a social security number is not provided, a unique personal identification number will be assigned.
An official Tennessee Certificate of Immunization is required for entry into school and is only available from a private healthcare provider or from the Metropolitan Public Health Department. State law requires that the completed certificate must be provided to the school before the child can attend school.
Medical and religious exemptions can be made.