What Our School Offers
- After School: Chess, Science
- Character Education
- Classroom computer assisted instruction
- Fall Service Project: Food 2 Families (Second Harvest Food Drive)
- Home/school/community connection
- Parent involvement work shops with family/school coordinator
- Girl Scouts
- Volunteer tutors
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Reading Clinic
- Reading Recovery
- Project Based Learning
- Title I schoolwide project school
What Makes Our School Unique
At Cockrill, our students are central to everything we do. Every staff member at Cockrill Elementary School believes that a superior education is the foundation for a successful life. Therefore, our mission is to provide positive encouragement, guidance and support for all students to reach their highest potential at becoming lifelong learners who are a valued asset in society.
encourage, guide, and support all students to reach their highest potential at becoming lifelong learners that are a valued asset in society. At Cockrill Elementary, we will work cooperatively with students, parents, and the community in order to support, accomplish and promote each student's growth and development. Our belief and motto is Cockrill Cougars can...
The Project for Neighborhood (PNA) before and aftercare program is available for our students who need this service. They are open from 6:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
School Zone and Pathway
Students living in the Cockrill area are zoned to the Pearl-Cohn cluster. To determine whether you are zoned to this school, visit our School Zone Finder.
PENCIL & Community Partners
PENCIL Foundation, a nonprofit organization, links community resources with Nashville public schools. A PENCIL Partner is a business or other community organization that teams up with a Metro school to volunteer time and donate resources that promote student success.
- Innophos, Inc.
- Kroger - Charlotte Pike
- West Nashville Methodist Church
- Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Preston Taylor Ministries
- New Heights Christian Community Services
- New Life Community Program
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Program
- Tennessee State University, College of Engineering