Monday, July 22- Saturday, July 27, 2013
WHAT: Extended hours in 12 locations for one-stop enrollment for Metro Schools' families with K-12 students
WHO: Families who…
- Are new to the district
- Have not previously enrolled their child, including kindergarteners, in Metro Schools Moved to a new school zone during the summer
NOT FOR…families whose children are attending schools outside their zone (choice schools), are already enrolled in a school and/or are continuing in the same school as last year.
WHERE: "Enrollment Centers" in the lobbies of all 12 zoned high schools
- Antioch HS, 1900 Hobson Pike, Antioch 37013, 641-5400
- Cane Ridge HS, 12848 Old Hickory Blvd., Antioch 37013, 687-4000
- Glencliff HS, 160 Antioch Pike, Nashville 37211, 333-5070
- Hillsboro, 3812 Hillsboro Road, Nashville 37215, 298-8400
- Hillwood, 400 Davidson Road, Nashville 37205, 353-2025
- Hunters Lane, 1150 Hunters Lane, Nashville 37207, 860-1401
- Maplewood, 401 Walton Lane, Nashville 37216, 262-6770
- McGavock HS, 3150 McGavock Pike, Nashville 37214, 885-8850
- Overton, 4820 Franklin Road, Nashville 37220, 333-5135
- Pearl-Cohn, 904 26th Avenue North, Nashville 37208, 329-8150
- Stratford, 1800 Stratford Avenue, Nashville 37216, 242-6730
- Whites Creek, 7277 Old Hickory Boulevard, Whites Creek 37189, 876-5132
- Monday- Friday, July 22-26, 9 AM to 7 PM, at 12 zoned high schools
- Sat., July 27, 9AM - 1PM, Customer Service Lobby at Central Office, 2601 Bransford Ave., 37204
with *bilingual Spanish/English staff*
WHY: Every year, thousands of students who are not enrolled arrive at zoned schools on the first day. They may have moved to a new school zone over the summer, be new to the district or be kindergarteners whose parents did not yet enroll them.
- Families may enroll their children, find out which documents or immunizations they need to complete enrollment and make the first day of school—Thurs., August 1—smooth and easy.
- Families may enroll children in any tier—elementary, middle, high—in one stop (previously, families visited each school to enroll).
Needed to enroll: Birth certificate or acceptable proof of age, Social Security Number (optional), proof of address (e.g. utility bill, lease, homeowner's or renter's policy), physical exam within 12 months of August 1, 2013, updated Tennessee Certificate of Immunization (most pre-K, K and 7th graders need vaccines!).