Who we are
Family Involvement Specialist - The role of the FIS is to serve one cluster school grouping by providing direct assistance to families and students that enhance or improve the student's learning experience. Family Involvement Specialist also recruits and train parents as well as serve on special projects and committees.
Community Outreach Specialist - The role of the COS is to facilitate the implementation of cluster based support services. They demonstrate effective support strategies, lead discussions in research-based practices in supports and interventions, and provide ongoing job-embedded professional development. While this is the role of some of the COS, others have a specialized focus such as; Parent University, Event Coordination and Immigrant and Refugee Outreach.
Our mission is to improve student success by supporting and empowering all families, schools, and communities through meaningful engagement and collaboration. We do this by expanding and enhancing parent and community engagement at the individual school level.
Shared Beliefs-Student success is our ultimate goal and in order to achieve that we believe:
- That families, schools, and community partners have a vital role in fostering student success.
- That all families want the best for their children.
- In meaningful and effective collaboration with schools, families and community partners.
- In encouraging, embracing and empowering families.
- That diversity is a strength.
- In creating opportunities by bridging gaps between families, schools and communities.
*Blank, Martin. Community Schools Research Brief, 2009. Coalition for Community Schools and the Institute for Educational Leadership, Washington, D.C.