Why Participate in TLI?
Upon completion, TLI participants will have the skills to serve as both informal and formal leaders in their schools, the district and beyond. The curriculum includes opportunities throughout the year to:
- Learn from nationally-recognized experts on school leadership;
- Provide input into district-wide initiatives;
- Be exposed to global education practices;
- Participate in conversations with Dr. Register and other district leadership;
- Be the first in the district to experience new professional development programs.
The TLI class of 2011-2012 met with Chinese educators visiting the district, participated in conversations with Dr. Register and other district leadership, and were some of the first in the district to experience the Artisan Teacher, an in-depth examination of 23 themes of quality teaching.
While candidates will not receive compensation for participating, they will receive an iPad to assist with the Institute's programming expectations and peer-to-peer networking capabilities.
View photos and video of the inaugural TLI class.
"The Teacher Leadership Institute is supported by Metro Nashville Public Schools' Race to the Top funds, distributed by the U.S. Department of Education through the Tennessee Department of Education."