UPDATE: AUGUST 15, 2016 8:45 a.m.
The transportation team and student enrollment teams are on track to meet the plan outlined in Friday's transportation update below. As part of this process, we ask that you please let us know of any continuing transportation issues you have.
The number of calls received by our Family Information Center has continued to decline, and more calls are being answered without any wait time. Most importantly, the percentage of calls related to transportation has returned to almost normal levels. Principals are also reporting much better bus service.
To ensure a high level of service to students, our team worked through the weekend to ensure that any backlog and ongoing issues were addressed. We will continue to monitor and address student needs, transportation and otherwise.
In addition to this work, the transportation team continues to address individual concerns that families and schools have brought to their attention. If you continue to have issues with school bus transportation, please report them to the Family Information Center at 615-259-INFO (4636), by email at FamilyInfo@mnps.org or using the live chat feature on MNPS.org
In a system our size, there will be individual issues we need to address, but the transportation team is solving the systemic problems.
You can follow our updates here: www.mnps.org/BusIssues
UPDATE: AUGUST 12, 2016 2:06 P.M.
This week brought about a lot of progress, and we are better serving students’ transportation needs every day. Specifically, we closed out many more help tickets, have correctly routed many more students and have a concrete action plan to resolve the existing gaps in service by Saturday evening.
1) Principals have reported to the transportation team that many more of their buses arrived and departed on time Thursday.
2) The number of calls into the Family Information Center requesting transportation assistance has dropped. Wait times have also been reduced, and answer rates increased to nearly normal levels.
3) The transportation team has reduced the number of open help tickets.
4) The enrollment team has enrolled many more new students and reduced the backlog of students needing to be connected to addresses.
1) The enrollment teams will ensure that by Friday evening at 6:00 PM, any remaining students will have addresses entered into Infinite Campus.
2) The transportation teams will ensure that every student entered into the system by this deadline will be routed by Saturday.
3) The transportation team will communicate with families about updates to their routes.
4) On Saturday, bus drivers will gather to receive the revised route sheets. One copy is for the driver, and the driver will deliver the other copy to the school Monday morning. The transportation team will also email route sheets to principals.
5) Bus drivers will then drive their revised routes on Saturday to limit delays on Monday.
6) All teams have the resources needed to accomplish the plan.
7) To eliminate the discrepancies noted between the Zone Finder and Bus Stop Finder, the Bus Stop Finder has been taken offline until a permanent fix can be put in place. Find information about your bus stop and arrival and departure times by calling the Family Information Center at (615) 259-INFO (4636), emailing FamilyInfo@mnps.org or using the chat feature in the bottom right corner of this website.