Policies and Procedures
Policy: it is a crucial school board role in our system of education governance. Like Congress, state legislatures, and city or county councils, school boards establish the direction and structure of their school districts by adopting policies through the authority granted by state legislatures. School board policies have the force of law equal to statutes or ordinances. Policies establish directions for the district; they set the goals, assign authority, and establish controls that make school governance and management possible. Policies are the means by which educators are accountable to the public.
Working in conjunction with the state school boards associations, NSBA's National Education Policy Network (NEPN) helps foster better communication, understanding, and management of local school districts through better policy-making by providing sample policies in use by school boards throughout the U.S.
Navigating through our Policies and Procedures
School Board Operations
Contains those policies and procedures relating to the structure and governance of Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools. Within this section, you will find information from charter schools to information about appearing at Board Meetings.
Contains those policies and procedures relating to the support arm of MNPS. For instance, you will find information of transportation, safety, and security in this section.
The Personnel/Human Resources
Contains those policies and procedures relating to MNPS employees, hiring of MNPS employees, and benefits to MNPS employees.
Contains those policies and procedures relating to the financial management of MNPS.
Contains those policies and procedures affecting MNPS students. If you seek information about field trips or the use of cellular phones, or student records, and the like, this is the section that applies to you.
Contains those policies and procedures relating to the curriculum and instruction within MNPS. If you seek information about how your student is taught, what your student is taught, and your involvement in that process, this is probably your section.
- ADA Compliance
- Absence Due to Inclement Weather
- Accounting for Student Activity Funds
- Advertising/Distribution of Materials on School Property
- Advocacy and Community Involvement of Employees
- After Care Response Event
- Animals in Schools
- Annual Budget Process for MNPS
- Applying for Optional Schools
- Applying to Become an MNPS Before and After School Care Program
- Athletic Council
- Athletic Performance Enhancement Substances
- Athletic Program General Rules and Regulations
- Audit Procedures
- Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- BEP and New Teacher Money Programs
- BEP/New Teacher Money
- Bad Debt Write-Off
- Bad Debt Write-Off Procedure
- Before and After School Care
- Blood Drive Policy
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Bullying Cyber Bullying Discrimination Intimidation Harassment and Hazing
- Calculating Academic Eligibility
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Cash Deposits
- Cell Phone/Personal Technology Policy
- Cellular Phones and Other Mobile Communication Devices
- Central Office Evaluations
- Central Office Evaluations- Procedure
- Challenge of Instructional Media and Materials
- Charter School Application Process
- Charter Schools
- Cheerleaders and Other Performance Groups
- Children and Youth in Transition
- Coaching Staff Supplemental Pay
- Communicable Contagious and/or Infectious Disease
- Complaints Procedure
- Completion of Purchase Orders
- Confidential Information
- Contracts Policy
- Contracts Procedure
- Course Recovery Grade Improvement Procedure
- Course Recovery and Grade Improvement
- Court Appearance and Jury Duty
- Criminal History Record Check
- Data Warehouse Security
- Determining the Allowability of Costs