There are many options for before and after school programs to extend your child’s educational experiences beyond school hours.
There are three types of before and after care options: fee-based programs, 21st Century Community Learning Center programs, and community-managed programs.
- Fee-based programs: PreK through fourth grade programs managed by Metro Schools at select schools require a fee or tuition to participate.
- 21st Century Community Learning Center programs: Metro Schools was awarded a federal grant to expand academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours in high-poverty or low-performing schools. Twenty-first community learning centers (CCLC) provide programs that are free for families.
- Community-managed programs: There are some community organizations that offer before and after school programs at certain schools. Fees or program cost may vary depending on the service provider.
Each Metro Schools-managed program adheres to district policy.
Happening in extended learning
21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant
- Call the Department of Extended Learning Programs 615-259-3282 X-858304
- Email the department: ExtendedLearning@mnps.org
- Ask your school!