Hillsboro High wants to expand IB to even more students
Here’s good news for any student interested in a more advanced and rigorous path to graduation. We’re working to open a new International Baccalaureate program that will let even more students take part.
The IBCC is an advanced diploma track for students who are focused on a career education. It lets them get the rigor and challenge of IB courses in addition to their regular classes.
Career fields now and in the future change rapidly. The IBCC gives students great depth of knowledge, helping them think critically, adapt and generally make sense of the evolving world. According to the IB Organization, the IBCC enables students to:
- Develop a broad range of career-related competencies and to deepen their understanding in general areas of knowledge
- Prepare for effective participation in an ever-changing world of work
- Foster the attributes of the learner profile allowing students to become true lifelong learners willing to consider new perspectives
- Engage in learning that makes a positive difference to future lives
- Become a self-confident person ready for life in the 21st century.
This is just one way our Advanced Academics team is opening up access to these programs, letting students focus on the skills and classes that are important to them while also benefiting from programs like IB.
In a way it is the ultimate blend of the Academies of Nashville and International Baccalaureate.
As part of the application, an IB committee will visit Hillsboro and assess its readiness for this program. We’ll keep you updated as this story progresses. Great job, IB Team!