Parent Meetings: Dr. Register to visit and speak with families at priority schools
Before we can make any decisions on how to turn around low-performing schools in Nashville, we must engage the school communities in a conversation about what they need, what they want and how we can work together to give all students the schools they deserve. That starts with in-depth visits to the district's priority schools. At each visit, Dr. Register will observe the school in session, meet with faculty and meet with parents. This is an opportunity for everyone in the school community to share what challenges they face and what visions they have for the future.
All parent meetings are open to the public. When taking questions and comments from parents, the meeting facilitator will prioritize hearing from parents at that school.
- Bailey STEM Magnet Middle School - Thursday, September 18, parent meeting at 5:00 p.m.
- Inglewood Elementary School – Wednesday, September 24, parent meeting at 5:00 p.m.
- Kirkpatrick Elementary School - Thursday, September 25, parent meeting at 4:00 p.m.*
- Jere Baxter Middle School – Tuesday, September 30, parent meeting at 5:30 p.m.
- Napier Elementary School – Wednesday, October 1, parent meeting at 5:30 p.m.
- Fall Break - October 6-10
- Neely’s Bend Middle School – Monday, October 20, parent meeting at 5:30 p.m.
- Madison Middle School – Tuesday, October 21, parent meeting at 5:30
- Churchwell Elementary School – Thursday, October 30, parent meeting at 5:30 p.m.
- Whitsitt Elementary School – Monday, November 3, parent meeting at 5:00 p.m.
- Joelton Middle School – Tuesday, November 4, parent meeting at 5:30 p.m.
- Buena Vista Elementary School – Wednesday, November 5, parent meeting at 5:30 p.m.
*After consulting with the Kirkpatrick principal, this meeting was moved to 4:00 p.m. Many parents at Kirkpatrick walk to school to pick up their children, so the meeting will be held soon after school ends with childcare activities in the gym.