Saluting Excellence: Four MORE National Merit Scholars in Metro Schools
The Metro Schools Class of 2015 continues to impress with four more National Merit Scholars added to the ranks! These awards are sponsored by the colleges these students plan to attend and are just as tough to win as the other National Merit Scholarships. They are given only to students who meet the highest academic standards and are selected by a committee of college admissions officers and high school counselors.
The latest National Merit Scholars are:
- Jonathan Ladd, Hume-Fogg Magnet High School Sponsoring College: Oberlin College Probable Career Field: Political Science
- Jessica Orkin, Hume-Fogg Magnet High School Sponsoring College: Vanderbilt University Probable Career Field: Mathematics
- Kelsey Veca, Hume-Fogg Magnet High School Sponsoring College: University of Tennessee Probable Career Field: Engineering
- Srinivasa Dheeraj Namburu, Martin Luther King, Jr. Magnet School Sponsoring College: Vanderbilt University Probable Career Field: Computer Science
Let's go through the full list of 2015 National Merit and Achievement honorees:
- 4 students won National Achievement Scholarships
- 4 students won National Merit Scholarships
- 4 students won college-sponsored National Merit Scholarships
This year, more Metro students made it to the semifinals of the National Merit Scholarship program than ever before. Another group of scholars will be announced in July, so stay tuned for even more good news!