PHOTOS: Nashville's Beautiful Art Contest features work by Metro Schools students
The Nashville Beautiful Art Contest and Rolling Art Museum is an initiative that engages MNPS third and fourth graders in environmental education through art. The 2015-2016 contest theme was “Imagine A Green Future.” The following MNPS students were chosen by a panel of Metro Council and Nashville Arts Coalition judges as the 2015 grand prize winners of the Nashville Beautiful Art Contest:
- Maddie Clements, Shayne Elementary School, first place
- Youngseok Oh, Julia Green Elementary, second place
- Heather Grace Chamberlain, Crieve Hall Elementary, third place
- Kaiya Lutz, Dan Mills Elementary, Red River Award of Distinction
- Sophia Nordman, Waverly Belmont Elementary, Red River Award of Distinction
This year’s contest included 54 pieces of art. All 54 entries will be on the collection trucks as they service routes around Nashville, according to Alex Cate, a spokesman for the contest.
"As you will notice, we have two Red River Awards of Distinction this year. Red River felt both of these exceptional pieces of art did an excellent job of capturing the theme," Cate said.
See photos from the public viewing held at Titan's Way at Nissan Stadium on Facebook.