Metro Schools Announces Kindergarten Registration and Prekindergarten Application Period Dates for the 2016-2017 School Year
Metro Schools will hold kindergarten registration and prekindergarten application acceptance in April 2016. More information on registration for the 2016-2017 school year will be made available to families soon.
Readiness and transition resources are available on iTrails.org.
Kindergarten Registration: April 4-8
To be eligible for kindergarten, children must be five (5) years of age on or before August 15 of the school year a child will start Kindergarten.
Parents will need the following documents and information when you go to register at an enrollment center:
- Birth Certificate or other acceptable proof of child’s age Child’s social security card or number, if he/she has one o Proof of your address (Utility bill, lease, homeowner’s policy, etc.)
- Proof of a Physical Exam within 12 months of the first day of school (August 1, 2014)
- Tennessee Certificate of Immunization for your child as required by state law, including the following immunizations:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTaP, or DT if appropriate)
- Hepatitis B (HBV) o Poliomyelitis (IPV or OPV): final dose on or after the 4th birthday
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (usually given together as MMR): 2 doses
- Varicella: 2 doses or a history of the disease Hepatitis A: 2 doses
Prekindergarten Application Acceptance Period: April 18-29
Starting April 18, prekindergarten applications will be available at the 12 Enrollment Centers, as well as Ross Early Center, Bordeaux Early Learning Center and the Customer Service Center at Central Office.
The deadline to be included in the Selection Process is Friday, April 29, 2016 at 3:30 p.m.
Enrollment Centers are open Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Early Learning Centers are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Customer Service Center is open Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.