The most important thing for 7th grade families to do Right. Now.
Proof of immunization. We know it's something that might have slipped by as part of the back to school rush. But it's something we really need right now. Not only is it state law, but we care about students starting the school year on the right foot by avoiding absences.
And that's why this is so important - attendance is a major indicator of student success.
We have about 2,600 seventh-grade students who haven't turned in their proof of updated vaccinations. If their schools don't have the updated records by Monday, August 15, these seventh grade students will have to stay home.
So here's what you need to know:
- Students entering seventh grade for the 2016-2017 school year are required to have two additional immunizations on their record.Under new Tennessee laws put in place a few years ago, students are required to have a Tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap) booster shot and must provide verification of an immunity to varicella. Proof of an immunity to varicella, more commonly known as Chicken Pox, can be provided as either two doses of the varicella shot or a history of having the disease.
- Students who do not currently meet this requirement can get the necessary immunizations at a primary health care provider or at one of the three following Metro Public Health Department locations:
- Lentz Public Health Center Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 2500 Charlotte Avenue, Suite 120 Phone: (615) 340-5607 Fax: (615) 340-8542 Closed for staff meetings the second Wednesday of each month from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. For WIC services, please call (615) 340-5619.
- East Nashville Public Health Center Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 1015 East Trinity Lane Phone: (615) 862-7916 Fax: (615) 880-2127 Closed for staff meetings the second Tuesday of each month from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. For WIC services, please call (615) 862-6626.
- Woodbine Public Health Center Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. 224 Oriel Street Phone: (615) 862-7940 Fax: (615) 880-2194 Closed for staff meetings the second Wednesday of each month from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. For WIC services, please call (615) 340-5619.
For walk-in services at all three Public Health Center, patients must sign in by 3:30 p.m. For Thursday’s extended hours at the Woodbine location, patients must sign in by 5:30 p.m.
For walk-up services for Immunization Records, the last time to sign up is 4:15 p.m., but the phone will be answered until 4:30 p.m.