Here's what you need to apply for Metro Pre-K starting March 27
It's almost time to apply for pre-K! Beginning on Monday, March 27, 2017 applications for prekindergarten will be available.
In preparation, here is a step-by-step guide to make the enrollment process easier for your family.
1. Find the program that is the right fit for your child using the pre-K program guide.
2. Gather all the documentation you need.
- Birth certificate or record of birth — Children must turn four years old on or before August 15, 2017 (with some exceptions).
- Proof of Davidson County residency — Current utility bill, telephone, lease or homeowner policy
- Parent / Guardian photo ID — Driver’s license, state-issued ID passport or military ID
To apply for pre-K, you will also need to obtain a student identification number. Download the form to request an ID number here.
3. Visit one of the many application locations across Nashville.
Families will need to visit one of the Enrollment Centers with the above documents to receive a student identification number. The student identification number will be needed to apply for pre-K. After receiving your student identification number, you will still need to complete a pre-K application at the Enrollment Center or online.
After filling out and submitting an online application available online or at an Enrollment Center, families will receive next steps containing important dates for the selection process.
You can view the list of Enrollment Centers here.
The deadline for pre-K applications is Friday, April 7, at 3:30 p.m.