Metro Schools to host 2018 School Choice Festival on Jan. 23
One of the most important decisions families will make is where they will send their child to school, and the School Choice Festival is the perfect opportunity for Metro Schools families to get all of the information about school options for the 2018-19 school year. Metro Schools will host the 2018 School Choice Festival on Tuesday, Jan. 23, from 5-7 p.m. at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds (500 Wedgewood Ave. Nashville, TN 37203).
The School Choice Festival allows families to visit every Metro school in on afternoon and in one central location. This free, fun-filled and informative event is the first step for families to learn about their choices and begin their journey to finding the right school for their children. At the event, families can visit with as many schools as they like, meet teachers, learn more about school programs and sign up for school tours.
Applications will be available online and on paper Jan. 10, 2018. Families can apply for up to seven schools, ranked in order of preference. Applications must be submitted by Feb. 2, 2018 for inclusion in the selection process. On selection day, students will find out where they were accepted and where they were placed on a waitlist.
Here are some important dates to know:
JANUARY 10, 2018 OPTIONAL SCHOOLS APPLICATION OPENS
- Access the application online or fill out the paper copy sent home with students.
- Apply to a maximum of seven schools.
- Rank your choices in order of preference.
- Apply at any time before the deadline in February — it is not “first come, first served.”
SCHOOL TOURS IN JANUARY TOUR SCHOOLS ON “TOUR TUESDAYS”
- Tour Tuesdays will be held Jan. 9, 16, 23 and 30.
- For more information, visit www.mnps.org/visit or contact the school.
JANUARY 23, 2018 SCHOOL CHOICE FESTIVAL
- Meet staff from schools.
- Learn about school programs and offerings.
- Sign up for school tours
FEBRUARY 2, 2018 APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Submit your optional schools application by the deadline to be included in the selection process.
FEBRUARY 23, 2018 SELECTION DAY
- Find out which schools accepted your child. For schools with more applicants than spaces, there may be wait lists.
- Enroll your child to secure your seat