For some children entering kindergarten it is their first experience in a school classroom, and for our
pre-k friends it’s an exciting new school year. This website provides tools and resources to help support
your child to prepare and transition to kindergarten.
Steps on how to register for for kindergarten at mnps
Choose A school
Find your zoned school on MNPS.org or by calling the Family Information Center at (615)-259-INFO (4636). If you wish to apply for a school outside your zone, call Customer Service for details.
Gather all the documents you need
- Birth certificate or record of birth - Children must turn five years old on or before August 15, 2018
- Tennessee Immunization Certificate - From your child's doctor or any Metro Public Health Clinic
- Proof of physical - physical must have been performed within 1 year of the start of school
- Proof of Davidson County residency - Utility bill, telephone, lease or homeowner policy
- Parent / Guardian photo ID
Visit one of our 11 enrollment centers located across nashville
After you enroll, we will go over the next steps and give you the "Welcome to Kindergarten" parent guide. We also encourage you to visit your child's future school, meet the principal and see what you and your child can expect in kindergarten.