A parent or parents of a minor child may delegate, to any adult person residing in Tennessee, temporary care-giving authority regarding the minor child when hardship prevents the parent or parents from caring for the child. This authority may be delegated without the approval of a court by executing in writing a Power of Attorney for care of a minor child on a form provided by the Department of Children’s Services. The child named in the power-of- attorney must reside with the caregiver for the document to be valid.