Pre-K Tuition Assistance Program
Beginning in the 2018-19 school year, MNPS will provide Prekindergarten Tuition Assistance. Tuition assistance will offer a reduced tuition rate to qualifying families accepting a Pre-K fee based seat. Families currently experiencing hardship, family emergency or trauma that meet the criteria below will qualify to submit a Pre-K Tuition Assistance Application along with documentation to their child’s accepting school site. Applications along with documentation will be reviewed by the Pre-Kindergarten leadership for consideration.
The following criteria will be considered:
- Hardship/Family Emergency – Family is experiencing unusual circumstances impacting current income of the parent or legal guardian including, but not limited to:
- Care of additional family members (e.g. elderly parents, children, disabled family member)
- Loss of job; negative change in income or expenses
- Short term or long term disability
- Unexpected medical or health related emergency
- Currently experiencing demonstrable financial hardship or bankruptcy
- One or more additional children in tuition based child care facilities
- Trauma – Family is experiencing a major traumatic event impacting current income or expenses of the parent or legal guardian including, but not limited to:
- Loss of one or more parent, guardian or significant family member causing a change in household earning power or expenses
- Unexpected illness impacting employment, earning power or expenses
- Divorce or separation impacting household income after selection to Pre-K program
- Loss or damage to home due to fire or natural disaster
- Change in Income Status – A change in income occurring within the time application was submitted and the current school year.
Proof of documentation may include but not limited to pay stubs, W-2’s, tax returns, court or legal documentation, doctor’s note, employer’s documentation or published records.
Pre-K Tuition Assistance Application
Pre-K Tuition Assistance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)