Substitute Application Process
How to Apply
- Complete the online application at http://www.applitrack.com/mnps/onlineapp. Candidates must submit two professional reference letters. This can be done by listing names and email addresses of referencing parties as part of the online application, by submitting letters in sealed envelopes to the substitute department or have your references email a letter on your behalf to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates applying as substitute teachers must submit official college transcripts for verify a minimum of 60 semester/90 quarter hours from an accredited college or university. Those applying for substitute support positions (parapro, clerical, etc.) must submit a high school diploma or GED scores.
- All candidates must complete and clear a background check. You can call 1-855-226-2937 to setup a background check. Upon registering you will be required to give this ORI code, TN930050Z. The cost of fingerprinting is $32.65 and is payable by money order in person or via credit card online or by phone. If you choose to print at a location other than 2365 Murfreesboro Pike, please note that you must report to 2601 Bransford Ave to complete the contingency form. Failure to complete the form will result in delayed processing of your background check.
- You must submit a photocopy of your social security card for payroll purposes and one document from List A or documents from BOTH List B and List C to the substitute office prior to being scheduled for orientation. Click on the link for a list of acceptable documents to bring, http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.
- Candidates applying as substitute teachers must complete the online subskills training course with a composite score of 85%; applicant may choose course A or B. The district name is listed under Metro Nashville Public Schools. If you have a valid teacher’s license, are applying for substitute support, or you have completed a practicum or student teaching in MNPS, you are exempt from the training. You may access the course at www.STEDI.org. The cost of the course is $39.95. Upon successful completion of the course, applicants must submit the SubDiploma with their composite score to the substitute office. SubDiplomas may be uploaded to the application or emailed to email@example.com.
- After successfully completing steps 1-5, your application will be processed and you will be contacted to attend Substitute Orientation. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for your application to be processed and to be contacted regarding orientation. You must complete all application steps prior to being contacted regarding orientation. If you have questions regarding the application process or orientation, please contact Susan Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute teacher pay is as follows:
60 credit hours or less than a bachelor’s degree - $90 per 7.5 hour day
Bachelor’s degree or higher (Non-certified) - $100 per 7.5 hour day
Valid TN teaching license - $115 per 7.5 hour day
Support substitute pay is as follows:
High school diploma or equivalent/less than 60 credit hours - $80 per 7.5 hour day