United Way's Tax Assistance Program for MNPS Employees
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville is offering free tax assistance to eligible Metro Schools employees and families starting Monday, Feb. 5, until Wednesday, March, 28. A MyFreeTaxes coordinator will be available two days a week to help employees with their taxes. No appointment is required to meet with the coordinator.
To qualify for the assistance, employees' household incomes must be under $66,000 per year.
Dates and Locations
Mondays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Central Office - Cafe 1 (First Floor)
2601 Bransford Avenue
Nashville, TN 37204
Wednesdays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Global Mall Enrollment Center
5250 Hickory Hollow Parkway
Antioch, TN 37013
Please bring the following documents with you:
- Original copies of Social Security cards or ITINs for everyone on the tax return
- Proof of income (W2 for each employer, 1099s, Social Security income, retirement income, unemployment, interest, cash income, etc.)
- Proof of expenses if claiming (childcare, 1098-T for education expenses, itemized statement from post-secondary institution, medical, property tax, written record of mileage, charitable donation receipts, itemized deductions, etc.)
- Proof of health insurance (If you have coverage through Healthcare.gov, commonly known as the Marketplace or “Obamacare”, we need Form 1095-A.)
- Identity protection pin number if you have been issued one from the IRS or had your identity stolen.
- Last year’s tax return (must know your prior year adjusted gross income in order to e-file the return)
- Direct deposit information - bank account number and routing number
- Forms 1095B or 1095C if you have them
The MyFreeTaxes coordinator cannot help with the following items:
- Returns with household income over $66,000
- Schedule C with losses - no business loss
- Business expenses more than $25,000
- Complicated and Advanced Schedule D (capital gains and losses)
- Rental or farm Income
- Certain travel and auto deductions
- Returns with business inventory, depreciation, home office deduction, self-employed health insurance coverage deduction
- Certain other limitations on complicated tax law. This can vary from site to site.
- Returns with Marketplace shared policy allocations or alternative calculation for year of marriage eligibility